Superintendent Dr. John Thein was named the interim superintendent effective July 18, 2016 for Saint Paul Public Schools, following a 27-year career as an educator and administrator in Roseville Public Schools.
Dr. Thein served as the Superintendent for Roseville Public Schools for 17 years and retired Aug. 1, 2015.
Dr. Thein identifies his priorities for Saint Paul Public Schools as:
- Community Involvement
- Student Achievement
- Resources for all students, staff and families
- Safety for all staff and students
- Doctorate in Educational Leadership. University of St. Thomas, Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Specialist Degree in Educational Administration. North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota.
- Master of Science Degree in Educational Administration. North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Education. Mayville State University, Mayville, North Dakota.
- Superintendent, Roseville Area Schools, Roseville, Minnesota - August 1998 – August, 2015
- Deputy Superintendent of Schools, Roseville Area Schools, Roseville, Minnesota. 1988 - 1998
- Acting Superintendent, East Metro Integration District 6067 – January, 2011 – April, 2011
- Assistant Superintendent, Wahpeton Public Schools, Wahpeton, North Dakota. 1984 - 1988.
- Publisher, Osakis Review, Osakis, Minnesota. 1981 - 1985
- Teacher, Osakis Public Schools, Osakis, Minnesota. 1972 - 1984